40 hours per week (overtime is available)
Excellent salary (depending on experience, progression available)
Excellent benefits including a company pension, 28 days paid holiday, paid training
ARC Ground Care Ltd is one of the leading sports pitch contractors in the UK and due to continued growth, we are looking for a machine operator to work on sports pitch construction and ground maintenance projects.
The role will include driving tractors, earth moving plant, our Mastenbroek trencher and other machinery to construct, renovate and maintain a variety of pitches and playing fields throughout the country. Sometimes, working on nationwide contracts will be needed but ARC Ground Care Ltd provides accommodation and food allowance while you are away.
About the Role
The successful operative will join a small but hard-working team on a variety of sports pitch and agricultural projects, from local clubs and schools to league teams. You will be working on construction, drainage, renovation and many other projects. We use the latest laser guided equipment including Trimble GPS so knowledge of this, or the aptitude to learn it, would be an advantage. You will be driving diggers, dumpers, tractors of all sizes and more to:
• Install land and pitch drainage.
• Build sports pitches.
• Renovate and maintain cricket squares, bowling greens etc.
• Fix problems.
• Work off scale site drawings.
• Work well with other team members.
The successful candidate will be required to drive various machines, so you will need to have previous experience in this area. A farming background would be considered. You will be driven to succeed and an excellent team player.
Progression is available in this role and full training and qualifications will be provided to the right candidate. Attention to detail and a high standard of work are necessary, as the clients you will be working for are top notch!
You will need to display the following:
• Experience in driving machinery is essential.
• A full, clean driving license.
• Preferably a CSCS card and tractor experience but training and qualifications will be provided for the right person.
• HGV license would be an advantage.
Sports pitch construction experience is an advantage (farming background would be considered).
• Mechanic skills to fix things on the go!
• Self-motivated, reliable, problem solver.
• To work unsupervised where necessary.
• An excellent communicator as client facing work is necessary.
If you are someone with the experience or aptitude to understand the technical nature of the work we do, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent