Land Drainage Course
5 February 2020, 09:00 – 16:30 / NAAC office, Wansford, PE8 6NP
Where the practical side of land drainage installation, machine control and setting out a site are usually learnt ‘on the job’, this course will provide the opportunity for operators and consulting staff to gain an understanding of the theory of land drainage in a very practical way.
The course will be useful to those in agriculture and sports-turf including ground staff, green keepers and local authorities.
The course covers both agricultural and sports-turf drainage and includes practical exercises and presentations on the following topics:
- Soil and water, Professor Dick Godwin
- Drainage design and agricultural drainage, Professor Dick Godwin
- Sports-turf drainage, Rob Donald, Twyford Twenty Ltd
- Design exercise – golf course, Rob Donald, Twyford Twenty Ltd
- Site survey and GPS in drainage design, Fred Clarke, Mastenbroek
- Drainage machinery, Fred Clarke, Mastenbroek
- Design exercise – agriculture, Fred Clarke, Mastenbroek
Each delegate will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming they have received training in the theory and practice of land drainage.
Members: £130 + VAT (Total £156)
Non-Members: £210 + VAT (Total £252)