An interactive workshop: Issues, Ions, Ideas
4 February 2020, 09:00 – 15:00 / NAAC office, Wansford, PE8 6NP
In recent years, UK farmers, growers and their sprayer operators have been increasing their awareness of best practice regarding pesticide application. Over the last decade, annual workshops conducted by the National Register of Sprayer Operators (NRoSO) have been a major source of update training for operators. NAAC Members are invited to participate again this year, in an interactive training workshop that focuses on how to avoid things going wrong, and what “best practice” actually means on the farm.
Operators will have the opportunity to share tips and solutions that work for them, whilst learning best practice techniques from their colleagues and others attending the event.
Morning session – in association with Frontier
- Current issues. This section covers relevant national news items, alongside specific local issues that are tailored to your geographical area or crop production system.
- Water conditioning. In this section, we look at water quality, its effect on pesticide performance, and the role of water conditioners.
- Sprayer maintenance. This section will discuss sprayer routine maintenance and filtration.
- Technology and top tips. The final section will focus on application technology, including a collection of top tips from Farm Sprayer Operator of the Year (FSOOTY) finalists.
- Review and reflection
Afternoon session – presented by Syngenta
- 3rd year of sustainability project
- Sustainable practices with latest advances in spraying technology
- Future technology, spray assist app and pulse width modulation
- Collaborative closed transfer systems for UK
This workshop is part of the farming and crop protection industry’s Voluntary Initiative to minimise the environmental impacts of pesticides. This workshop will attract 10 CPD points for NRoSO members and 8 CPD points for BASIS members.
Members: £45 + VAT (Total £54)